Monday, September 3, 2007

كاتي

I learned how to write my name in Arabic today.

We've started taking extensive Arabic classes. 3 hours a day 4 times a week I think... It's going to be hard. Two hours of speaking, a thirty minute break, and then one hour of writing/reading. But, we're going to make it happen. There's six of us and so we're going to help each other out. It will be really great when I can actually communicate with people. Even though, one of the girls and I were talking about today, we kind of enjoy not knowing what the men say to us on the street.

I have this one Egyptian friend who is hilarious. One day we were asking her how she liked Cairo, and she went off on a tangent about how she hates so, so, so, so, so, so, so much Egyptian men. Apparently, there are some that are just terribly rude.

Ramadan starts pretty soon, which should be interesting. I've heard it's like a party every night. Everything is really relaxed during the day. Jacqueline said that everyone gets really lazy because they are so tired all the time. She also said when she was in college they would cancel classes like every day during Ramadan (which is like 30 days) because the prof would be so tired.

Everything is going great over here! I hope you are doing well.

No comments: