Friday, August 31, 2007

Welcome to Cairo

Cario is pretty great, and everyone that I'm working with is so welcoming. I feel like I've been going to the church for years. I really have never experienced such a constant welcoming to complete strangers, it's amazing.

The Egyptian people in general are super friendly too. They really want to please you all the time. It's hard since I can't communicate very well yet, but we start Arabic classes next week so that's exciting.

I am just so thankful for all of this. Here are some pictures. I'll have more up later.

This is Cairo. It is not a bad picture. It just is really this polluted.


So, We went to the pyramids this morning



and I rode a camel.

This is some of my group. From left to right: Kelly (Texas), Asha (England - she is a worship intern), Cheri (Canada), Brent (Canada), and me. We're missing Curt and Matt. They opted out of the camel ride.

Well, that's all for now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm happy that you are having a good time and that you've received a warm welcome.