Sunday, September 16, 2007

Found

We finished cleaning the school today. And, just in time, because the kids start school tomorrow. It really is amazing what a coat of paint and some elbow grease can do. (not to mention co-workers with hearts of gold.)

I hope the kids will be excited about learning in their clean school… And that they don't hate the colors yellow and blue because I told them to get those colors… hah.

Here are some pictures of the final product that my friend Curt took.

This is George. He is the principal. We (really the boys did...I think I was scrubbing the floors with fuel to get up the paint) had time to paint their office today so he was really happy


This is one of the painted classroom. Nice, eh? About 20 kids are supposed to fit in these tiny rooms.


Haha. This is one of the pictures before the walls were painted. You can see how dirty they were. And, I think I was trying to make the daddy long leg at the end of the broom attack the boy with the camera.

These were the halls before we scrubbed and painted.



And after, aren't they pretty, sparkley blue halls? (that creative classrooms class I took this summer told me that blue was calming. That's what we were going for since 200 kids are in there a day.)


If this is how the whole year is going to be, then I'm excited. It's hard work, but it really pays off. And, I'm going to be really strong.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

that's awesome katie. i'm glad you've had a fantastic start to this trip. you have a positive attitude that will rub off onto those around you. keep up the good work!

Paul said...

really cool stuff. you should post more often!