Wednesday, December 5, 2007

bazaar

This is going to be anything but a long December.

I can't even believe it is December in the first place. My parents and sisters come in 2 1/2 weeks (!!!) and then it will be 2008. I probably should never go to sleep just to try to make it last longer.

We put up the Christmas tree. This is my Egyptian family.


I've already had 2 bazaars. Cheri has one more on Friday. This is Cheri at the German bazaar. At one point during this bazaar I waited in line for an hour and 25 min to get a waffle.




Sometimes Cairo is beautiful and you forget how the air is slowly killing you.


And sometimes, Cairo makes you laugh because it is insane.


And as always, God is amazing.

2 comments:

John said...

I have your photo of the hazy city in the late afternoon as my desktop background.

Today one of my soldiers asked me what it was a picture of, and I told him it was Cairo.

Cairo? he said. Where's that?

So here's to you and your adventures in far off cities that Americans apparently haven't heard of.

Joey Delgado said...

Ms. Newgren

1- Great counting crows reference. That is one amazing show as you know...and I am really glad that you won't be depressed like that boy in the song.

2. Your tree is very beautiful and so are you

3. Do they have aunt jamaima syrup in egypt? log cabin? date juice?

4. Just think, both you and nicole live in two of the most polluted cities in the world!!! I think that's a really cute connection you probably never thought of

5. I think the funniest part of that picture is that i have no idea what car brand that is and the license plates has squigglies all over it

6. Merry Chistmas!!!! - are you sure putting the word "christmas" on your blog is "safe"?

7. I'm going to Guatemala!!!!! soon!

8. I hope your family is well.