Monday, October 8, 2007

Nobody does it better

Six hours and a continent later, we arrived in St. Catherine's to sleep (or laugh hysterically because you're playing in the mosquito nets) for about an hour before waking up early enough (NB 1:30 am) to climb Mount Sinai to see the sun rise.

The hike was rocky and camel treaded, and since it was 2 in the morning we couldn't see much further than the rocks directly in front of you. (and since I have terrible depth perception anyway, I couldn't see and I ended up coming off the mountain with a fancy bruise on my leg to remind me of the hike) But, the lack of sight on our journey up made the final product so much more majestic. And, let me tell you, it was breath taking.


The crowds of people broke into song rejoicing.

O Lord my God, When I in awesome wonder,
Consider all the worlds Thy Hands have made;
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.


Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.

They were all singing in different languages. They had all come to see the beauty that God created. They had come to experience the challenge that Moses had endured as he pursued God.


This is our intern team. They are some of the most amazing people I have ever met.



On the way down, we got to see everything we had missed in the dark. I never knew rocks could be so beautiful.

No comments: